With summer coming to an end this month, you may be wondering what your commercial landscaper will do during the colder months of the year. Fall is the best time of the year for certain lawn maintenance tasks that can help to protect your landscaping during the winter and keep it healthy and ready to bloom come spring.
Here are the landscaping tasks that we perform on our commercial properties during the fall months:
- Pruning Trees/Shrubs: A professional knows when to prune and trim and precisely how much to ensure new growth next year.
- Winterizing: If you have an irrigation system on your commercial property, it needs to be winterized to prevent damage during the winter months.
- Raking/Clean up: Keeping up with the falling leaves helps to keep your commercial property looking clean and neat. Blowing leaves off of the sidewalk and parking lot help to uphold the clean look, but also protects visitors from a chance of slipping on wet leaves.
- Aeration: The cooler ground temperatures this time of year help to allow for re-seeding, and fertilization after aeration. Aeration allows more room for moisture and nutrients to get into the soil.
- New Designs: This time of year we urge our commercial clients to think about how their landscape looks and reconsider if there is any are in need of improvement or change.
We know keeping up with fall maintenance can help to keep your commercial landscaping beautiful next spring. Don’t skip the fall services this year, and your landscaping will thank you with fuller blooms, properly working irrigation systems and healthy landscaping.
If you’re a commercial property manager, call DeCarlo Landscaping today to ensure your property wont be overlooked during the cooler months ahead. Its also never to early to get prepared for snow, DeCarlo Landscaping has a full service snow and ice removal and control plan that is ready to be tailored to your properties needs.