The increasing temperatures, birds chirping and sunny days are here. Spring is here and with that, it’s time for spring cleaning- outside! It is always a good feeling to see the outside of your commercial space cleaned up ushering in the spring and summer. It feels even better when you can count on a professional team with the experience to do the clean-up for you! Read more
DeCarlo Landscaping Contractors are proud to work with Bergen county property owners, businesses, developers, and property managers. We look forward to continuing to provide professional services from design to maintenance for 2020. Read more
If you’re one of our new residential or commercial clients, you may have some questions. Let’s start with the one that we get a lot from our new clients: How does rain change our maintenance schedule? Read more
If you’re one of the many New Jerseyans planning on doing some landscaping this weekend, you’re not alone! This weekend marks a big shift towards summer, sending many out into their yards to get things looking sharp before backyard celebrations on Monday. Need some inspiration? Here are our top Memorial Day Landscaping Tips. Read more
Spring is in full swing and spending time on your property may have you noticing some overgrown, bare or unruly growth. Before you run to the toolshed and grab your pruning shears, you should know the do’s and don’ts of pruning in the spring! Read more
Spring is here and it is time to put those green thumbs to work! Here are our top 5 spring tips that every gardener needs to put into action!
- Prune – This is a great time for you to prune! Early spring is when we suggest pruning your dormant plants such as roses, ornamental grasses, and evergreen shrubs.
- Mulch – If you’re planning on using certain types of mulch, this is the time to do it. Remove all leaves and debris in the area where you’d like to mulch. This will help the mulch to do its job insulating root systems, retaining moisture and controlling weeds. Generally, we suggest a good coating of around 3 inches for the mulch.
- Fertilize – You can fertilize trees and shrubs with slow release fertilizer this time of year. Be sure to read directions properly and only apply what is recommended. Ruining your beautiful trees due to over-fertilization is a costly mistake.
- Plant – Wait until after the last freeze and plant new trees and shrubs so that they get a full season of growth ahead.
- Prepare – Get your mower serviced and all garden tools sharpened and oiled. This will make sure that your tools are prepared and working at their optimal ability all season.
Missed out on the green thumb, or too busy to get to these tasks? You may be in need of our residential landscape maintenance services. DeCarlo Landscaping & Design helps to maintain many residential landscapes throughout the New Jersey area. We work hard to continually reseed, resod and replant as needed throughout the season to ensure your landscaping is always looking its best! Visit our page on landscape design to find out more about our landscaping maintenance service.
If you’re contemplating repairing your concrete sidewalk due to its sunken, broken or uneven look, you can count on DeCarlo Landscape Contractors to do the job. Whether the sidewalk needs a simple repair or leveling we can perform any concrete sidewalk job. Read more
When spring comes, many commercial property owners and homeowners alike realize that their asphalt parking lot or driveway is in need of repair. Along with our asphalt services, DeCarlo Landscape Contractors also provides Seal coating. Read more
Your parking lot is one of the first impressions that a client, tenant or visitor gets of your property. DeCarlo Landscape Contractors parking lot division is a leader in Northern New Jersey for commercial parking lot line striping services. Our wide range of clients enjoy our full-service approach to all aspects of property maintenance including parking lot line striping. Read more