Winter 2017 hasn’t brought much snow our way in Central New Jersey, you can probably still see much of your grass, your trees and your shrubs unless you have a light coat of snow. Many of our clients are calling us asking if its too early to plan for spring. The short answer is NO, its never to early! Read on for things that you can be working on now to prepare for Spring! Read more
You read that right, we’re getting our clients looking towards their spring retaining wall projects now. While winter is technically in full swing, we never say its too early to start planning projects for spring, especially when they are functional as well as pragmatic such as a retaining wall project. Read more
As one of the top commercial grounds maintenance companies in Bergen County, DeCarlo Landscaping design provides commercial landscape design, install and grounds maintenance on some of the most well-known commercial properties in the area. We work with our clients one on one to maintain the safety and value of their property for years to come and to provide a beautiful initial impression on prospective clients, tenants, and employees.
Maintaining your commercial property is not a once a year job. With that knowledge in mind, DeCarlo Landscaping Design provides grounds maintenance services throughout the season. From spring clean up to winterization in preparation for the winter to come we are there checking in with our clients and evaluating the trees, flower beds, lawn, sidewalks and more. If a problem is found or we think there could be some improvement, we work with property owners and managers to figure out the best and the quickest way to fix the problem.
Grounds Maintenance can include the following:
- Spring & Fall Cleanups
- Mulching & edging
- Mowing & weeding
- Shrub & Tree pruning
- Design maintenance
- Sodding & Seeding
It is important to us that our clients get everything they need for their commercial property and are satisfied with the work that we provide. For that reason, we go above and beyond working with each commercial client to determine what services are needed. We then tailor the services that we provide to match.
Please visit our commercial services page for more information on how DeCarlo Landscaping Design can help your commercial property be the most professional well-kept property on the block. Spring is a great time of year to get started with a new company who can give your property a facelift, call us today!
The green space on your commercial property used to look beautiful and lush, but now it’s looking bare or full of weeds! Consider doing some ground work this year and installing some new turf to brighten up your property. The question is do you use seed or sod? In this blog, we will go over the pros and cons of both and let you make the decision!
- Undoubtedly the cheaper option
- Able to develop a deep root system which may help it to last longer
- Good for large areas
- Timing is important when planting new seed, this option leaves you with two windows for planting which are late summer and early fall
- Cultivation, aeration, dethatching and adding topsoil are needed to help the seed take root
- Susceptibility to weeds
- A seed needs time to germinate and grow, allow for about 6-8 weeks for a lush lawn
- Quick Results
- Can be used for larger areas or for patch jobs
- Timing is not an issue, sod can be put down any time of year
- Sod Costs more than seed
- More labor intensive than seed
The landscaping experts at DeCarlo Landscaping Design have been helping commercial property owners keep their properties full of lush lawn for over 30 years. We have the experience needed to determine whether your property would benefit from seed or sod and to help guide you through the process of choosing what is right for your property.
Let us help you to create the healthiest, vibrant property on the block. Although seeding and sodding achieve the same goal, the timing, budget and labor requirements make these methods very different. Make sure you know what you’re getting yourself into with each process and as always, if you are unsure, ask for help from a commercial landscape expert.
The increasing temperatures, birds chirping and sunny days are here. It’s time for spring and with that, it’s time for spring cleaning! It always feels so good to clean up the outside of your commercial space in order to brighten it up for the spring and summer. It feels even better when you can count on a professional team with experience to do the clean-up for you!
DeCarlo Landscaping Design offers spring clean-up services for commercial clients. We take care of the mess and leave you with a clean and neat looking exterior landscape that you can be proud of. It’s time to clear away the debris that the snow piles left in your parking lot and to get the landscaping looking fresh and new again ready for new growth.
Property managers and business owners in the New Jersey area know that it is important to give a lasting first impression with an attractive landscape on their commercial property. This is often a tough time of year for this as the winter leaves properties full of dirt and debris and landscaping in disarray. Our spring clean-up services will take care of pruning/trimming, clean up flower beds, remove garbage and more!
We want to make sure that your property looks its best throughout the year. With our year round maintenance service you can count on that happening. Trust the professionals at DeCarlo Landscaping Design to give your commercial property the facelift that it needs!
Gardening Tips for Spring
Spring is here and it is time to put those green thumbs to work! Here are our top 5 spring tips that every gardener needs to put into action!
- Prune – This is a great time for you to prune! Early spring is when we suggest pruning your dormant plants such as roses, ornamental grasses and evergreen shrubs.
- Mulch – If you’re planning on using certain types of mulch, this is the time to do it. Remove all leaves and debris in the area where you’d like to mulch. This will help the mulch to do its job insulating root systems, retaining moisture and controlling weeds. Generally, we suggest a good coating of around 3 inches for the mulch.
- Fertilize – You can fertilize trees and shrubs with slow release fertilizer this time of year. Be sure to read directions properly and only apply what is recommended. Ruining your beautiful trees due to over fertilization is a costly mistake.
- Plant – Wait until after the last freeze and plant new trees and shrubs so that they get a full season of growth ahead.
- Prepare – Get your mower serviced and all garden tools sharpened and oiled. This will make sure that your tools are prepared and working at their optimal ability all season.
Missed out on the green thumb, or too busy to get to these tasks? You may be in need of our residential landscape maintenance services. DeCarlo Landscaping & Design helps to maintain many residential landscapes throughout the New Jersey area. We work hard to continually reseed, resod and replant as needed throughout the season to ensure your landscaping is always looking its best! Visit our page on landscape design to find out more about our landscaping maintenance service.
It’s safe to say that it doesn’t look like any more snow will be hitting the New Jersey area this year. Snow, salt and plows can leave a lasting mark on your parking lot with potholes, cracks and crumbling. Your parking lot is now an eyesore and can become dangerous to automobiles and pedestrians alike. This is the perfect time of year to get your parking lot repaired!
Due to the freeze/thaw cycle of water and ice, small cracks that may have not even have been noticeable last year are gaping and large now. The cracks that winter leaves behind can become a danger to pedestrians and the potholes can cause damage to vehicles driving through. Getting those cracks and potholes repaired is a must to ensure that your tenants, clients and customers can all traverse your parking lot safely.
DeCarlo Landscaping Design offers patching, repaving, sealing and crack repair for commercial properties throughout New Jersey. We use our knowledge and experience to determine what repairs you need and to ensure your parking lot is in good shape for automobiles and pedestrians. If you are in need of parking lot repair, DeCarlo Landscaping Design is here to help! We have over 30 years of experience and are proud to service New Jersey commercial property owners.
Happy New Year! The new year is the perfect time for planning, setting goals, creating project plans and thinking ahead. With the lack of winter weather, we’ve been experiencing here in New Jersey, it’s easy to look forward to spring with high hopes. Here are our top tips for wrapping up winter and preparing to look ahead to spring.
- Recycle Holiday Decorations – Did you know that you can reuse your holiday items? Use ashes from the fireplace to fertilize alkaline loving plants. Use your old Christmas tree, wreathes and pinecones for mulch, decorations outdoors or for birds to use as a home for the winter.
- Think ahead – What are your goals for this year? Are you planning on installing a new pool, revamping your landscaping, installing a water feature in your garden? Explore all of the possibilities and write them all down for review.
- Set a budget – This is where a lot of our clients get hung up. Set yourself an affordable budget. Any reliable landscaping service such as DeCarlo Landscaping Design can work with any budget large or small, and still make your yard beautiful.
- Hire a professional – Involving a professional landscaping company in your planning is probably one of the best things you can do ahead of time. Working with a professional who knows what plants thrive in your area, have experience with landscaping design, and take pride in customer satisfaction is a must.
If you’re ready to start off your new year right, then get planning! Once you’ve set a budget and have an idea in mind for what you would like for your landscape design, contact the experts here at DeCarlo Landscaping, we’d love to make you our next satisfied customer.
Are you tied of the dated look of vinyl or aluminum siding on your home? Sure, vinyl and aluminum siding is great, it lasts forever and requires virtually no maintenance besides a power washing one every couple of years. But did you know that there is a more aesthetically appealing siding that can be used in conjunction with you existing vinyl or aluminum siding.
De Carlo Landscaping has always used stone veneer for landscape projects such as retaining walls, piers, porticos, fireplaces, etc. We also provide stone veneer installation services to homes. Check out a recent stone veneer job where a home’s entrance was drastically improved by adding stone veneer incorporated with the current siding.
Besides being warm and beautiful, stone veneer is maintenance free. A quick wash with a garden hose once in a while will remove pollen and debris. The stone siding will give your home a more unique look, instead of the boring vinyl or aluminum siding.
Check out our gallery for more information. If you are interested in stone veneer installation, we can show you the types of materials we use and the available styles and look that would work well for your home.
Do you have pride of home ownership? All of our landscaping clients here in New Jersey are proud of their home and neighborhood. Keeping your landscaping groomed and maintained is a key part of home maintenance and upkeep. So what if your home needs a facelift, requiring more action than standard maintenance. Here are 3 services that De Carlo provides that will instantaneously increase your home’s curb appeal.
Driveway- Does your driveway look like it hasn’t been taken care of for decades? Is the asphalt breaking apart into gravel? If you are re-paving your driveway, this is a great time to think about driveway pavers. Pavers come in a wide variety of colors, styles and sizes. Not sure about adding pavers to your whole driveway? Add pavers at the entrance of your driveway and asphalt to your garage.
Plantings- Overgrown plants taking over your front yard? Unsure which plants are weeds? Sounds like your property could use some new plantings. Incorporating local plants to add some color and depth to your frontage will increase curb appeal and property value.
Lawn- Is your lawn full of crabgrass and unsightly bare spots? Have you always dreamt of having that perfect lawn? With a newly seeded lawn you can have that perfect lawn. A consultation with De Carlo will clarify your lawn’s needs. Perhaps your grass can be brought back to a healthy condition, or perhaps it would be more economical to completely replace your grass.
Check out the De Carlo Gallery for more landscaping design ideas!