As a commercial and residential landscaping company, we have our favorite stand-by items that we love to utilize in our landscape design. It won’t surprise you that evergreens are one of them! Although this year we had only a dusting of snow by the holidays, we aren’t fooled and know its on its way. Soon, your green grass will be covered and there will be only one green eye-catching spot in your yard – your evergreen! There are many reasons that we suggest evergreens when designing a landscape for a client, and here are just a few!
- Their Versatility – Evergreens come in a wide array of shapes and sizes, from a small shrub to a large tree. They can be planted in containers to accentuate the front entrance, wrapped in white lights to welcome your holiday guests, or positioned around the perimeter of your property for privacy.
- Vibrant Color – As their name states, they hold their green beauty year round, which allows for use year round. In the winter, the evergreen can be a beautiful pop of color against a white background. Fresh trimmings can be used to create a dramatic wreath for your front door, or for a little touch of color in your window boxes.
- Minimal Maintenance – This is one of the reasons they are so popular, especially if you don’t have a green thumb! Minimal watering is needed, and generally, these trees survive all weather conditions.
- Affordability – Evergreens are great for keeping costs down, we generally can make evergreens work for any commercial or residential property on a budget. Because they are so easy to install and maintain, you can put your budget towards other design or installation.
- Varieties – From traditional to contemporary, there is an evergreen for every style. Do you prefer a more sculpted look? Try some dwarf landscaping plants! For those who prefer something a little shaggy and full, we can suggest a larger tree.
Evergreens truly are the one size fits all of landscaping ideas. With their versatility, affordability and yearlong color, you can’t go wrong. If you’re looking for more information on the types of evergreens that will look great on your property, the experts here at DeCarlo Landscaping Design have the knowledge and experience to help you to choose and install!