Sometimes in the Winter Snow Services industry, the words snow removal and snow plowing are used interchangeably. However, these terms actually mean two different things, and knowing which service your commercial property actually needs in winter is very important when hiring a commercial snow service company.
Here’s the breakdown:
Snow Removal – Removing snow from the site completely
- For large commercial parking lots with no extra space for storage or piling of snow
- More expensive due to the nature of having to do extra work and transport your snow to another location
Snow Plowing – Plowing snow to a designated area
- For large commercial parking lots with ancillary space that is currently unused, or specific area of lawn to pile snow until it melts
- Less expensive
Along with Snow removal or snow plowing, most companies such as DeCarlo Landscapes provide other snow management services to allow for safe passage from the parking lot to entrance of your building.
These services are:
- Sidewalk and walkway ice management
- Parking lot ice management
- Sidewalk and Parking Lot ice control
- Sidewalk shoveling
- Ice removal
Once you know what type of snow service you need for your property, give DeCarlo Landscapes a call or fill out our quick estimate form for a quote. We look forward to providing whatever service your commercial property requires this winter and making you another one of DeCarlo Landscapes happy customers.